Tuesday, August 4, 2015

July Tag Swap

I am sooo late in sending this tag for the July Tag Swap over on Google + in Sheri Whitfield's community "Altered Tag Swap". But, as I always say, "Better late than never"...

The theme for July was "Patriotic"

I used a Ranger Black #8 tag which measures 6.25 inches by 3.125 inches. I love how Twinkling H2Os show on black and wanted to paint a transparent flag on it, which would show all that yummy shimmer so nicely. I used Poppy Red, Blue Flame and Heavenly White Twinkling H2Os.



I stamped the image and embossed with White Embossing powder. Got out my red & white, and blue & white Bakers Twine, wrapped it three times around the upper-section of the tag, then tied it off. I added a tiny red safety pin holding a silver star to the knot.

In my stash I had cute star shaped buttons in red, white and blue which I adhered to the tag and then added Glossy Accents to make them shiny.



I had just received some Sari Ribbon and it had a great blue and red in it. I cut them into thinner strips and added them along with some more Bakers Twine to the top of the tag.

I then printed off a sentiment, adhered to the bottom of the tag.



I love the simplicity of this tag and the shimmer those Twinks add! Hope my swap partner likes it too!!!

Thank you for stoppin' bye!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment