Friday, December 19, 2014

Gift Journal Is Now Complete

Finally!!! I have completed "The Journal"!!! And none too soon either, as the exchange is tomorrow.... phew!!!

There are five signatures with 5 or 6 full pages for a total of 10 to 12 actual pages per signature. I left alot of space between the signatures because I knew the journal would expand with items. I found a beautiful lime green satin ribbon I just knew would look great with those LSG Magicals as a tie for the Journal closure.



Here are some more pictures of the Journal showing the spine. I did a macrame knot on the signature strings, adding a few silver beads. The knot is one that curls up upon itself, which I rather liked.




Here is that yummy lime green ribbon!!! I just punched a hole in the front and back covers with my Crop-A-Dile, tied the ribbon on each cover then made the cute bow to hold it together.



You can see all the signatures inside. I used designer paper from my stash in every color in the rainbow, trying to put some blue/purple/green papers in each signature. I also added parchment paper, manilla folders, and deli-wrap in most signatures just for kicks. On most of the pages, I folded up a 3 inch edge for pockets and added tags, journalling blocks, photo mounts, photo frames and what ever I thought she might need/use along with paper clips, printed words and other embellies.

Here's a final picture. I just love how it turned out and I can't wait to see the expression on her face!!


Thanks for stopping bye and taking the time to read my blog. I truly appreciate you doing so!!



20 comments:

  1. Sylvia, this is just stunning - lucky, lucky recipient! Love your colour combination and you've done a gorgeous job with embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Win! !! It was a fun project, but I am glad it is done. No more stewing and fretting, thinking I should do more. ..

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, Peg. Right now I'm thinking of another I want yo do, but I won't make it as thick as this one. This one has 50+ pages!!!

      Delete
  3. The binding looks perfect! I love these photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kept drawing different binding patterns and finally settled on this one. I wanted it simple, just five holes. I made a die from cardboard which really worked good for getting the holes aligned.. Thanks, Zsuzsa

      Delete
  4. Wow that is so gorgeous Sylvia! You know I only live 2 hours away..you could bring it to me :P I bet she will be so pleased with your thoughtful gift from your hands and heart :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shel !!! We could establish a "trade route" between our two locations -- how fun!!!

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous Sylvia, who wouldn't be pleased to receive this.
    I read what you said to Zsuzsa about the cardboard die for aligning the holes which is a great idea. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela!!! I found playing on cardboard the size of the spine, allowed me to experiment with the placement of holes and a pattern I wanted. Then it was easy to transfer and now I also have several for later usage

      Delete
  6. Those colors! Make Wicki DROOL! Fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is gorgeous Sylvia, qua colours and textures both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ruth. Those colors were "speaking" to me when I was trying to decide what combo

      Delete
  8. Hi Sylvia!!! I just wanted to stop on over to see your blog!! I love your journals!!!! I have made some in the past but as beautiful as yours. Do you have any tutorials?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Gwen!!! Thanks for stopping by. On my YouTube Channel, taboriginal, I ran a series called KISS, which stands for Keep It Simple Sylvia, where I did a couple pf journals, but they are truly what I call "Junk Journals" because they are made out of paper junk you would normally throw away. It can be found here https://youtu.be/VVGqE2_lDlg

      Delete