Sunday, June 14, 2015

Wings of Summer

Over on Google+, Sheri Whitfield has an Altered Tag Community where we swap tags every month. This month's theme is "Wings of Summer"..

While looking thru my stash of paper for another project, I stumbled upon this Designer Paper Pak from K & Company called SW Nature and thought, "Hey, this would be perfect for the Altered Tag Swap"



I used one of the double-sided paper to make a #10 size tag which is 8 1/2 inches by 4 1/8 inches. I wanted it substantial becuz the paper is just so darn pretty with all the winged goodies and the glitter highlights. I then fancy-cut some of the butterflies and layered onto the tag.



I stamped two versers onto deli-paper which I then tore, cuz I love ragged edges, and adhered to the tag after applying gesso in those areas - that way, the words can be read, since the paper is pretty transparent.

I made antennae for the bigger butterflies out of Vintaj Bronze 20 gauge wire. It just adds that cute factor!!



I wrapped the tag in jute twine which I had separated becuz it was too thick, and I wanted a more "earthy" look with the pulled-apart twine.



To finish the tag, I added ribbon, twine, embroidery thread and wired ribbon to the top. I coiled the wire ribbon to look like antennae also, giving the whole tag a winged look.

I just love how this turned out, and I hope Sandra ArtfullyMade4U does too, cuz she is the recipient of this!!!



Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all the views and comments, thank you!!

Supplies:
Various Ribbons

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this Sylvia!!! Gorgeous colors and I love those shimmery butterflies as well!!! So pretty! Blessings my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you, Felicia! It certainly was a fun tag to make

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, thank you, Felicia! It certainly was a fun tag to make

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm one of my favorite paper companies. Perfect choice for this challenge. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too, Peg! I think I must have every Designer Pak they have put out, some I even have TWO of cuz I loved them soooo much!

      Delete
    2. I thought so too, Peg! I think I must have every Designer Pak they have put out, some I even have TWO of cuz I loved them soooo much!

      Delete