Saturday, November 1, 2014

Organic Stamps

Over in Kraafters Kommunity on Google Plus, Heather does a weekly show on kraafting.  Last week's show was all about Stamp Kaarving (yes, all those Ks and double As are intentional, part of being a Kraafters in Kraafters Kommunity).

Tina Van Eick and Sandra Artfully Made were guests on the show. They are Master Kaarvers, to say the least!!! We got to watch them kaarve stamps while they offered tips and tricks. Tina showed a few stamps she made from cuttings from her yard -- a clover and a daisy. They were so beautiful, organic and just captured those little flowers perfectly. So I thought I would do the same.

I love bougainvillea, their colors are so vibrant and the little flower is made of three petals stuck together into a dimensional triangle before they open up. I think I spent more time studying the bougainvillea for the right clipping than I did actually kaarving the stamp!!!

So, here is the stamp and the printed image. I use Distress Ink Pads in Mowed Lawn for the leaves, and Picked Raspberry for the Flowers. I stamped onto a watercolor background I had made many moons ago. I didn't want a plain white background, I wanted something that looked like "outside"...


Thanks for stopping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment